PFCLScan is licensed on an annual subscription basis. After the subscription period ends you will be invited to renew, if you choose not to renew then you will no longer be able to use PFCLScan.
Conversely if you do renew then we want to recognise loyalty to our product and as such we have set renewal license fees to be approximately 55% of the first years license fee; Our fees are very competitive as it is our goal to make tools such as PFCLScan realisticaly available at a reasonable license fee to as many people as possible. Unlike other products our license fee is based on the installation of PFCLScan not the number of databases (or other targets) that you wish to scan.
We have created a simple license model for annual licensing of PFCLScan:
|License||Seats||Targets||Term||License Fee||Renewal Fee|
- The license fee is quoted in GBP (British Pounds) and is net of any VAT, which will be added where appropriate
- If the licensee (the person or company buying a license) is not resident in the UK then they are the importer of record and the licensee is fully responsible for ensuring that the imported goods comply with local laws and regulations and that the purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country the goods are imported and that all import duties and taxes in respect to the goods are paid
- If the licensee (the person or company buying a license) is not resident in the UK then there may be import duties and / or taxes due on the goods in the licensees country. PeteFinnigan.com Limited is not responsible for these charges and we do not estimate or calculate what these charges may be. We expect the full license fee quoted above to be received by us. If taxes such as WHT (WithHoldingTax) are retained in the licensees country then they MUST pay a license fee + WHT so that PeteFinnigan.com Limited receive the full license fee above. Please speak to us before paying to ensure that the invoice reflects the correct fee + WHT
- The license is an annual subscription; the renewal fees quoted for subsequent years of use are approximately 55% of the initial license fee. As long as you remain licensed you qualify for the reduced license fee.
- To take advantage of the reduced renewal fee you must renew the annual license before it expires or no later than 30 days from the expiration date of any current license. Be aware that the software is technically limited to stop working after the exppiration date of the license.
- If you do not renew the annual license for PFCLScan after it expires you cannot continue to use it.
- PFCLScan product support is included in the license fee but not consulting or training. We can provide these for a fee, please talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All major and minor updates are available for free whilst you are fully licensed
- We provide regular policy and report updates as well as new features and functionallity
- All support is remote only via our support ticket website. We do not make site visits
Our goal with PFCLScan is to provide really good useful functionallity at a fair price so we do not base out license fees on the number of databases (or indeed other targets) scanned.
An engagement license is aimed at a consultant who needs to perform a database security audit internally or for a client but who does not need to use the PFCLScan software for a year or longer.
An engagement license has all the same features as a Pro annual license but the license term lasts instead for 30 days. This license is great for a single audit or a single engagement. The fee is again based on our same instalation based model and does not limit the number of targets that can be scanned.
This engagement license can be purchased for a single engagement to perform an audit internally or for your customers if you are a consultant. You can renew the engagement license for an 18% discount provided that the renewal is concurrent to the original license.
Service Based Scanning
Our normal licenses (Enterprise, Pro and Engagement) are designed specifically to allow you to install our software in your own company and on your own machines and to scan Oracle databases that you have licensed. Where there customer wishes to scan its own customers databases to provide a scanning service to its customers then the normal Pro, Engagement and Enterprise licenses are not suitable. Please email email@example.com to discuss licensing options.
Consultant based Scanning
Our normal licenses (Enterprise, Pro and Engagement) are specifically to allow you to install our software in your own company and on your own machines and to scan Oracle databases that you have licensed. If the customer is intending to provide a security audit for single clients at a time then an Engagement license per end customer audit is a good approach where a small number of engagments are conducted from time to time where our software is installed on the consultants laptop. If the number of single audits conducted from a consulants own laptop increases then a Pro license may be cheaper. Use for consulant based scanning must be for single security audit engagements of their customers databases and not regular scanning - see above for regular service based scanning. Alternatly please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss licensing options.
How to Buy
To purchase PFCLScan send an email to email@example.com with a requirement of how many licenses you wish to purchase. Ideally this should be a purchase order or similar. We will issue an invoice and when payment is received create a licensed copy of PFCLScan for you and a download link and support login.
When you receive the download URL you will be able to download the software and installation guide and install the software. Once installed a key is generated the first time you use the software and this should be supplied to support to get an activation code.
Please note at the moment we are currently only licensing PFCLScan to business customers and not to individuals. This may change in the future. We also require potential purchasers to not use generic email addresses as we cannot send out activation codes to these types of email address.
The purchasor is the importer of record and is responsible for ensuring that the license purchase is fully compliant with all local laws and taxes.
The EULA is available to review by you in advance of purchasing by emailing us. See the contact page. Please note we do not normally make requested changes to our EULA. We will take all proposed changes into consideration but reserve the right to pass on any legal fees before doing so. We feel our license fees are very competitive and to include legal fees for custom EULA’s would often cost more that we get in return for the license fee.
We hope to add online payments soon; we are testing two payment processors. We also plan to add online activation in the future.