PeteFinnigan.com Limited is a specialist company dedicated to database security services, consultancy and training and especially in the area of Oracle database security. We provide expert consultancy and help for clients worried about the security of their business assets and critical data.
Our services are best of breed, developed over years of research and real world experience in this field. Our Managing director Pete Finnigan is one of the leaders in the field of database security.
PeteFinnigan.com Limited is committed to providing the best services possible and also to helping you save money, help you develop easier to maintain systems and also help your DBA staff productivity. This is summarised here:
- Your costs can be reduced by developing standardised security implementations, this will result in less users, less roles, less privileges, simpler security can save you money.
- Your costs can be reduced by developing standardised security implementations as on-going maintenance, support and much more are simpler and easier to manage.
- Having a secure database and proper controlled RBAC models for all staff can reduce the mistakes made or successful attempts to bypass security to do things the "wrong way" in your company. Less downtime, less recoveries, more controlled staff.
- Having a secure database can make external audits, regulatory audits such as for Sarbanes Oxley, PCI or HIPAA, GLB and more easier for your staff to participate in. Your staff will already be able to show compliance, the audits will be smoother and quicker, there will be little of no rework involved. Using PeteFinnigan.com Limited to help you audit and pre-secure your database can save you money.
PeteFinnigan.com Limited provides a wide variety of services in the Oracle database security areas, some of these include:
- In-depth Oracle database IT security health checks. These are manually conducted by world class experts in this field and do not use commercial scanners.
- Expert training in many areas of Oracle security.
- Data breach and forensics analysis of Oracle databases.
- Detailed design advice in the areas of database security and also database security architecture reviews
- Specialist Oracle security work in such areas as VPD configuration, ASO configuration and more.
- Policy definition and baseline standards production.
- Specialist recruitment assistance.
All of our service offerings are discussed on our Oracle Security consulting services page in more detail.
Our vision is simple:
Data is the most valuable asset of any organisation. Our mission is to be at the forefront of database security research, to be leaders in securing your data. We believe in research, constant pushing of the boundaries and most of all in knowledge sharing
PeteFinnigan.com Limited was founded in February 2003 by Pete Finnigan to provide specialist consultancy in the area of database security and Oracle security in particular. We are based in the Viking and Roman city of York in the north of England but work for clients world wide. Pete Finnigan is well recognised in the industry because of multiple papers written, a book and many presentations at many different conferences. The ethos of the company has always been about knowledge sharing and this is bourne out of the existence of this web site and its extensive contents.
The goals of the company was to build a market presence and also to build unique and specialist tools to be used by our consultants to provide specialist consultancy in the areas of hardening and security auditing Oracle databases. This has been achieved and the tools developed are enhanced almost daily as new research and client assignments mould the knowledge and services delivered. We provide world class audits against Oracle databases, conducted by hand and with custom tools developed in house.
We are currently expanding our service offerings in terms of consultancy and also adding a number of training courses and will also be recommending selected products in the area of Oracle security.