I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
View Profile |
Senior Oracle DBA Engineer
« on: Oct 17th, 2005, 7:29pm »
Quote | Modify
We specialize in providing key administrative support to a nationwide provider of consumer credit services. This position will interact with all departments within the organization. DBA, Strategic reporting and analysis are key components of this position. Strong Hands-on experience with Oracle 9i/10G is required. Good at multi-tasking, planning, coordinating aggressive schedules and providing excellent customer service levels. Data Warehousing and Transactional processing systems are key areas you will be overseeing.
We offer an extraordinary work and pay for performance atmosphere and comprehensive benefits program in a small team environment.
* Must have 5+ years of Oracle 9i/10G administration experience, including new installs, upgrades, patch application, security, backup and recovery planning and implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution, and performance tuning.
* Must also be proficient in UNIX system support and shell scripting.
* Must be self-motivated, methodical, require minimal direction, possess strong communication skills, and be a strong team player.
* Experience in implementing and managing maintenance plans.
* Knowledge of "best practices" of DBA standards & procedures is a must, along with strong trouble-shooting skills and implementation of preventative maintenance.
* Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and requests at one time.
* Strong knowledge of Oracle advanced features including partitioning, clustering and replication
* In-depth understanding of PL/SQL and Oracle’s OLAP analytical functions.
* Interaction with the business to extract and think through business requirements as well as helping them to understand impact and design.
* Demonstrated ability to meet critical time-sensitive objectives, emphasis on planning skills
* Develop Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Use Cases
* Must be driven to succeed and become assertive when needed, yet remain easy to work with.
* OCP certification in 9i/10G.
* At least 3 years working with Financial and/or Risk Analysts.
* At least 2-4 years in financial services, one or two years in the credit card industry.
* At least 5 years building and supporting Oracle 9i/10G databases in a production environment.
* Strong PL/SQL knowledge and tuning large databases is required.
* Experience working with users to determine their needs.
* Extensive experience working with Business Analysts and Data Warehousing is required.
* Need very strong oral and written communication skills.
* Experience with an OLAP tool is necessary.
* Microsoft Access experience would be beneficial.
* Must be a self-starter and communicate with all levels of management.
* Travel Required: Minimal
Location can include - CA, NY, CT
email - email@example.com for more info