I my last post i talked about the fact that I have changed my RSS feed to just output the first 20 words of each post and to also included a [read more] link after the 20th word. I couldn't test this completely until I had made a new post. Everything was OK, the RSS feed was correct, the main index page for my blog
was fine, the monthly archives were fine and it appeared that individual entries were fine. That is until I checked a post from January but the entry page included the RSS feed text (the 20 words) and link before the body text... hmmmm... this meant the 20 words was a repeat. It has now taken me an hour or so to track down that I had added extra template text to all the main entry pages including the archives. So I have now removed the 20 word clauses from the archives and it looks like it works now. This entry is off topic as it is intended as a test to make sure it is working properly!