Oracle Critical Patch Update - January 2005 - E-Business Suite Impact. The analysis provides more information on the recent patches and bugs for the Oracle E-Business Suite. The paper is broken down into sections as follows:
- Assessment of vulnerabilities
- Oracle database vulnerabilities (DB01 - DB17)
- Oracle Application Server Vulnerabilities (AS01 - AS03)
- Oracle E-Business Suite vulnerabilities (APPS01 - APPS02)
- Oracle patch analysis
- Oracle database patches
- Oracle application server patches
- Oracle developer 6i patches
- Oracle E-Business Suite patches
- Patching strategy
- High Risk and secure environment strategy
- Non High risk environment strategy
This is an excellent paper, well written and very thorough. Anyone looking to patch Oracle applications or the E-Business suite should read this paper. This is quite a unique paper with insight, risks and analysis not seen elsewhere.
There are also two other papers on the Integrigy site that relate to CPU - Jan 2005 and its analysis. These are Integrigy Recommended Oracle Patch List - January 18, 2005 and Integrigy Oracle Security Alert Analysis - January 18, 2005 which are locked and only available for customers.